pliers with built-in wire cutters
floral fabric (Use a fabric with a small scale.)
cover button kit (I felt like the 5/8" kit was the perfect size for making earrings.)
E-6000 Adhesive or other strong adhesive
flat pad earring posts and butterfly clutches
1. Open your cover button kit. Use the wire cutters to snip the wire loops off the button backs. Use the pliers to gently pull out the remaining wire pieces.
2. Cut out two small pieces of fabric.
3. Place one of the fabric pieces onto the mold from the button cover kit with the wrong side of the fabric facing up.
4. Place a button shell into the mold and tuck the fabric inside the shell.
6. Since you have already removed the wire loops from the button backs, you have a flat surface in which to glue the earring posts onto. Apply a small bead of adhesive to the back of of each button.
7. Gently press the earring posts over the adhesive and let it dry.
8. Wear or gift your new spring earrings!