Decorating for Valentine's Day? Here's a fun craft the kids can do to get ready...
Heart Window Clings
- white glue
- colored glitter glue
- page protectors
- heart templates (see below)
(Made with PicMonkey! I love that site!)
2. Insert each heart template into a page protector.
3. Choose one of the heart templates. Trace the colored parts of the heart with colored glitter glue. We used red, pink, and purple glitter glue to stick with the traditional colors for Valentine's day. (No pun intended. wink. wink.)
4. Let the glitter glue have a few minutes of drying time.
6. Here comes the fun part! Squirt the rest of the heart with white glue.
7. This isn't actual a step. It's just a moment--one I wanted to capture. Lydia Grace is concentrating so hard on the glue and Eli is immersed in what his big sister is doing. Love them!
8. Allow the glue to dry for 24-48 hours. You'll notice that the white glue will turn clear once it has dried. Peel the heart of glue off the page protector. Stick it to a window. (Tip: If the window cling is being stubborn and doesn't want to stick, just moisten the back a bit with water and press it to the window.)
These heart window clings are so easy to make and use. Just hang them on any window or glass surface in your home. When you are ready for them to come down, they just peel right off. My kids loved making these and decorating the windows with them. I'm sure yours will too because they will be spending quality time with you!
Looking for more Valentine's Day fun? Here's are a few options!
Valentine's Day Printable Activities