We love our biscuits here in the South, but these buttery, flaky cheddar biscuits are on a whole new level. Bursting with the flavors of cheddar and garlic, they're a savory biscuit that's truly irresistible. It only takes minutes to mix up these fresh, made-from-scratch biscuits. And the mix and drop technique not only makes them quick and easy but also gives them that simple homemade look.
I know I already mentioned how quick and easy this recipe is. Do you want to know what made it even easier? Dorot Gardens! If you've ever wanted to snap your fingers and instantly have all the washing and chopping of your fresh herbs done, this is your answer!
I absolutely LOVE cooking with fresh herbs during the warmer months when we have a garden bursting with fresh herbs and vegetables. With risks of frost still, we haven't planted our herb garden for this year yet.
Dorot Gardens to the rescue, though. They have done all the work for me--from growing to prepping. It's like having my own personal sous chef. All I had to do was drop in some of the pre-portioned herbs and garlic into my cheddar biscuits, and I was good to go!
Cheddar & Garlic Biscuit Recipe
Ingredients for the Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced (Dorot Gardens has the prep work done for you.)
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley or basil (Dorot Gardens to the rescue again!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Preheat the over to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a second large bowl, mix together your wet ingredients: milk, melted butter, garlic, and herbs.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. This mixture gets thick so an electric mixer is advised especially if you double the recipe.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Scoop the batter onto the parchment paper in 1/4 cup portions leaving space between each portion of dough. You can use a measuring cup and gently shape each mound of biscuit dough or give them a rustic look by simply dropping the dough onto the baking sheet. This recipe should make about 10 biscuits.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden.
- Mix melted butter and garlic together and brush over the finished rolls.
- These are best served warm. Enjoy!
What would you make with Dorot Gardens' pre-portioned, fresh garlic and herbs? You'll find tons of recipe inspiration over on their website, as well as, a coupon for $1 off your first purchase. Happy shopping and saving!
Sharing is always a great thing! Save this recipe for later or share it with others by pinning it from the image below.
Happy biscuit making!