Homemade scrubs are a great way to soothe and heal hard-working hands. Maybe you don't garden, but as a busy mom, I bet there are other things you're doing that take a toll on your skin. This scrub is an excellent way to help your hands and pamper yourself a bit. It's so relaxing to use, and you won't believe how soft and smooth your skin feels after using it.
Ready to mix up a batch of lavender sugar scrub? Go ahead! Keep reading! You deserve a little pampering!
Lavender Sugar Scrub
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender (You can grow and dry your own or buy some here.)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 15-20 drops lavender essential oil
- Blend together the coconut oil and sugar with a mixer. A little less sugar can be used, if preferred. I like using the full two cups because I've found after the scrub is fully prepared, the sugar still dissolves a bit more.
- Once the sugar and coconut oil are combined, add the drops of essential oil and mix again.
- Gently fold in the dried lavender.
- Spoon the scrub into air-tight containers. Set the containers out to use or gift to others.
Using Your Scrub
Wet your hands. Scoop out a small amount of the scrub. Rub it all over your hands. Rinse and pat dry. The scrub is great to use for other areas prone to dryness like elbows, knees, and feet. Using it is like having a spa day in your own home. My kids love trying it, too! They beg to wash their hands just so they can use some. Sugar scrub for the win!Storing Your Scrub
Store your scrub in air-tight containers. I like using mason jars. It will keep about one month from the date you make it. Oh, and it's important to have clean hands when preparing and putting the scrub into containers to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Another Lavender Creation!
Do you love lavender as much as I do? You might also enjoy these DIY Lavender Sachets!
Have you ever tried making your own sugar scrub? What kind did you make? As a busy mom, what do you do to pamper yourself from time to time? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below.
Happy sugar scrub making!
*Disclaimer: Affiliate links are present to help you find the perfect products for making your own batch of sugar scrub.