Some days I like to get a little more creative with snack time and make a homemade treat. On those days, I stick with recipes that are simple enough for the kids to make with me. That's certainly the case with this easy and healthy recipe for Fruity Frozen Yogurt Bark.
This is a scrumptious treat for the kids to cool off with on a hot day! They get to enjoy the sweet and delicious coolness of frozen yogurt, but I secretly know they are eating a treat that's healthy! Mix up a batch earlier in the day to enjoy in the hot afternoon hours or store it in freezer bags to eat during the week. Whenever or however you choose to eat this frozen yogurt bark, it's sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Frozen Yogurt Bark
What You'll Need:
- Yogurt (I used Annie's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt which is available in two flavors: Summer Strawberry and Berry Patch.)
- fresh fruit
- toppings: granola, slivered almonds, coconut...
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread a thick, even layer of yogurt on the lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle chopped fruit and any additional toppings like granola or shredded coconut over the yogurt layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Break the sheet of frozen yogurt into smaller pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Wrap up any leftover bark and keep in the freezer.
I love using Annie's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt for this recipe for frozen yogurt bark and other recipes that require yogurt due to its nourishing goodness. There are no artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives, and no antibiotics or synthetic hormones. And there are 4 grams of protein in each 4-ounce serving. I have the reassurance that what they're eating is healthy. The kids love it because it's delicious! Annie's Yogurt brings the best of both worlds together!