Looking for a simple treat to enjoy with your family or one to gift to others this holiday season? These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies® Treats made with Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® are the perfect option. They're super simple to make and taste delicious. Enjoy this fun twist on a favorite holiday treat!
When I think back on the holidays from my childhood, baking in the kitchen with my mother and sister still stand as some of my fondest holiday memories. There were peanut butter clusters, cookie bars, Rice Krispies® Treats, and made from scratch hot cocoa--just to name a few. It only makes sense that my own kids would love crowding around me in the kitchen to whip up tasty memories just like I once did with my own mother.
In keeping with tradition, we plan to share many memories together this holiday season over steaming mugs of hot cocoa and holiday treats. In fact, these Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies® Treats are the perfect combination of two classics in one tasty treat. Get your taste buds ready because they are scrumptious! And they're just as simple to make as the classic recipe. Keep reading to see how to whip up this treat with your kids. It's sure to become a holiday favorite!
Holiday Treat Making!
Treat making is made simple with Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. Chocolate, mini marshmallows, butter, and Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® are all that's needed to whip up this fun twist on a classic recipe. We were able to find everything we needed to make this tasty treat at our local Walmart. With chocolate morsels and marshmallows sprinkled on top and a steaming mug hot cocoa in hand, these are the perfect way to whip up some warm holiday memories.
Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies® Treats Recipe
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 packets powdered hot chocolate mix
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows (Reserve 1 cup for the topping.)
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- Prepare a 13 x 9 in. pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the hot chocolate mix until dissolved.
- Add the mini marshmallows (except for the reserved cup) and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the pot from heat and add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. Stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Lightly spray your fingers with cooking spray and press the mixture out evenly.
- While the treats are still warm, sprinkle chocolate morsels and the reserved cup of mini marshmallows on top. Press them into the treats.
- Allow the treats to cool and set before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies® Treats are a perfect treat to share with others! We packaged several to give as gifts at our homeschool co-op. Some were even turned into pops by placing a festive paper straw through the middle of the treat. Then we placed them in treat bags and sealed each one with a doily, paper tag, and mini clothespin. They're an easy, inexpensive way to let someone know how much you care.
Happy holiday "treat making"!