enjoyed a pumpkin pie breakfast with my husband and kids this year. The hubby and I paired our pie with steaming mugs of NESCAFÉ® TASTER'S CHOICE® Instant Coffee sweetened with sugar and NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer. It was the perfect breakfast beverage to have on a chilly morning with our pumpkin pie.
Despite my broken heart, I was determined to try to make it a special day for my own kids--just like my own mama always did for us. It was my turn--to put the apron on, roll up my sleeves, and make sweet memories with my kids. We went shopping at Dollar General for the things we needed including LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin. They were running some great deals and had a coupon for the coffee and creamer on their coupon app. Caleb, my youngest son, had a blast carrying the can or pumpkin all around the store. It's always the simple things with kids, isn't it?
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin that I picked up with the kids at Dollar General. Even with that shortcut, the memories are no less sweet. The kids and I had a wonderful time making pies together just like I used to do with my own sister and mother.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Servings: 4 pies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Tim: 2 hours
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 6 cups pumpkin (Libby's® 100% Pure Pumpkin)
- 8 eggs (1 extra egg to brush the edges of the pie shells with egg whites)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream or canned evaporated milk
- 4 9-inch deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and set the pie crusts out to thaw while you are preparing the pumpkin pie filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, salt, and spices. Add the pumpkin, lightly beaten eggs, milk, and cream gradually.
- Brush the edges of the pie shells with egg whites. This will keep the crust from getting too brown.
- Pour filling into each pie crust.
- Place two pies onto a baking tray and set it in the oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 and bake 40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the edge of the custard comes out clean. Bake the remaining two pies following the same steps.
- Cool at room temperature. Slice, add a whipped topping, and enjoy! Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.