We carve some every year with the kids, but I also LOVE decorating artificial pumpkins! They can be used over and over again and the work doesn't fell wasted when the pumpkin rots because these never do. Last year I made cute chalkboard pumpkins. This year, I decided to break out the glitter!
I know what many of you are thinking. Glitter and glue are a sticky mess. Right?! And they can be, but I recently discovered a little secret that is a game changer when it comes to crafty messes...
Not to get off track, but I'm so excited to show this to you. My kids often color at the kitchen table. I remind them to try to keep it on the paper, but let's face it... They're kids and some crayon marks are going to get on the table. I noticed that the Goo Gone Spray Gel boasted that it could clean crayon marks off surfaces, so I put it to the test.
What about the glittery, gluey mess from the craft I'm showing you today?
Goo Gone to the rescue again! The Mod Podge and spray adhesive used to make our Glitter Pumpkins came right up with a few sprays of the citrus scented gel. Just spray and swipe with a clean, damp cloth. That's it! Usually cleaning up after a craft like this would take way too long, but the Goo Gone made it really easy.
Seriously! You have got to try this stuff. It would have made cleaning up the mess from this craft and getting the sticky residue off these jars SO much easier! I know about it now though, and I'm keeping it on-hand for all our future crafty messes. As much as I love to craft, this stuff is going to get used all the time!
Feel more confident about tacking today's craft now that you know my little secret to an easy clean-up? Let's get started then!
- artificial pumpkin(s)
- printable template (Find it below. Save, open, and print!)
- cutting mat
- swivel knife for paper cutting
- spray adhesive
- foam brush
- Mod Podge
- Goo Gone Spray Gel (For easy clean-up of the sticky messes!)
1. First you need to gather all of your materials and prepare your artificial pumpkins. My pumpkins came with a big sticker on the bottom that needed to be removed. The sticker came off easily but left a residue that needed a little help from the Goo Gone Spray Gel to come off. Isn't this product amazing?! Stickiness gone!
2. Save, open, and print this template. There are two different parts. The one that reads, "Happy Fall!" would work best on larger pumpkins and the one that reads, "Fall!" is perfect for smaller ones.