General Mills is widening their selection of gluten free cereals. Strawberry and Chocolate Cheerios and Lucky Charms have joined the mix of gluten free cereals, so there are even more delicious options for gluten avoiders than ever before! That's great news for our family. My youngest child loves cereal, but it's been recommended for him to cut gluten from his diet. Gluten free options are just what he needs!
This is a great treat for the kids to make. Frozen banana pops are even more fun with a coating of cereal. And each child can pick their favorite cereal to sprinkle on their treat. Here's how we made ours...
Breakfast Banana Pops
- popsicle sticks
- almond bark, chocolate melts, or baking chocolate
- cereal (We used General Mills gluten free cereals.)
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Begin by melting the chocolate. Heat it in the microwave on high for thirty second intervals. Stir in between each heating. Continue until the chocolate is smooth.
- Peel and cut the bananas in half.
- Slide a popsicle stick into the cut side of each banana.
- Dip the banana in chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Sprinkle the cereal on before the chocolate hardens. Tip: Use a bowl to sprinkle the cereal over in order to catch any excess.
- Place the bananas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours. Serve and enjoy!
To help you get everything you need to make these delicious Breakfast Banana Pops, visit this link to grab a coupon for $1.00 off two select General Mills cereals.