On some days, it's a chef. Oh, and then there was the time he wanted to be an artist. Lately it's been a professional soccer player. Whatever he dreams of being on that particular day, a delicious, nutritious breakfast gets him off to a great start! These Nesquik Double Chocolate Chip Muffins fit that description to a tee! Just wait until you see what they're made with!
Soccer season is in full swing, and my four-year-old son Eli has become enthralled with the sport. This is his first experience playing soccer, but he's already learned so much. I was a proud momma last week when his coach bragged on how "coachable" he is and how well he listens on the field. He's pretty proud of himself too--showing off his new soccer ball and cleats to everyone who comes to visit.
Even in midst of the rush, a healthy breakfast to kick start their day is a priority. Good nutrition at breakfast helps Eli maintain that energy and focus on the field. On soccer mornings there isn't time for something complicated though. I need a breakfast idea that's kid friendly, quick, and easy. That's why these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are a perfect option for those rushed mornings. The kids can eat them before we leave or even take them on the road. They are satisfyingly delicious, but also have a secret ingredient in them that's packed with vitamins and minerals. That ingredient is Nestlé® Nesquik Chocolate Powder which turns these muffins into an irresistibly delicious and nutritious treat that I can feel good about the kids eating.
Nesquik in sealable milk jugs for the kids to enjoy with their muffins. When combined with 8oz of low fat milk, I'm giving them 8g of protein that they will gladly drink up! Teamed up with a piece of fresh fruit, and I have a breakfast that helps my future soccer star shine!
Nesquik Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups Nestlé® Nesquik Chocolate Powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (1/2 cup for the batter and 1/4 cup reserved to sprinkle on top)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. Lightly spray the inside of each liner with cooking spray.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups Nesquik powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients--egg, vanilla, Greek yogurt, milk, and applesauce.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix them all together.
- Fill each paper liner 3/4 full with batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the batter in each compartment.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool about 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
*yields: 12 muffins
For more recipes and even a few tips and tricks for soccer season, visit Nesquik's webpage or Pinterest page.Happy baking!