You aren't going to believe how simple and fun these chocolate treats are to make. They're so easy that Eli, my four-year-old, was able to do most of it for himself. You'll see his little hands preparing them in the video below. What a great gift for kids to make for family and friends! Just wrap a few up, add a ribbon, and you have a sweet, kid-made gift. That is...if you and the kids don't eat them all first.
Ready to make your own chocolate pretzel bites? Here's our recipe for this homemade chocolate treat!
Chocolate Pretzel Bites
- large microwavable bowl
- silicon baking cups (Mine came from Target, but these and these are also great options.)
- plastic bag
- Place the baking chocolate in a large microwavable bowl. Heat it on high for 30 second intervals. Stir in between heating. You'll know the chocolate is ready when it's completely melted without any lumps.
- Spoon a small amount into the bottom of each baking cup.
- Place a pretzel on top of the chocolate before it hardens.
- Put you chocolate candies into a plastic bag and use a spoon to crush them into pieces.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of candy pieces and sprinkles over the chocolate and pretzels.
- The chocolate will harden fairly quickly, but you can place the baking cups in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up the process.
- After the chocolate has completely hardened, remove the pretzel bites from the baking cups.
- Place them in a bowl for snacking or wrap them up to gift to others. Enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Since the kids and I had some leftover chocolate and pretzels, we decided to make chocolate dipped pretzels too! Just dip, add sprinkles, and let the chocolate harden for another easy treat option.