Are you a coffee lover? I enjoy a fresh brewed cup with cream and sugar every morning--especially during the winter months. I'm also a big fan of those fancy lattes from Starbucks. Yes, those steaming, sugary beverages are my vice.
Who can afford the time or money required to sample a coffee shop drink every time you want one though? And for me, that would a lot. How about a delicious coffee latte made from the comfort of your own kitchen? This simple white chocolate recipe might just have you casting off those expensive coffee shop beverages for good! Keep reading to see how to whip up some for yourself. You're absolutely going to melt when you try it!
White Chocolate Latte
(yields 4 small servings)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- Pour white chocolate chips and water into a pot. Melt the chips on medium heat and remember to stir frequently.
- Add the sugar and milk. Heat the mixture.
- Remove from heat before the mixture reaches a boil.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Brew coffee. Tip: I use our single serving coffee maker to quickly brew the coffee. Add two cups of coffee to the white chocolate mixture and stir.
- Serve the white chocolate latte in mugs. If desired, you can top with whipped cream and white chocolate chips.
Note: If you prefer your lattes to have a strong coffee flavor, this recipe lends itself to that modification. Just add more than the two cups listed in the recipe until it reaches the desired taste.
Happy coffee making!