Apple season is underway and fall is just around the corner. Before apple pies and apple crisps start hitting the table, enjoy a delicious Apple Pie Popsicle! It's a fun twist on favorite dessert! These frozen treats are the perfect way to savor the taste of apple pie while cooling off during these last hot days of summer.
When preparing food for my family, using fresh ingredients is a priority. For this recipe, I used ripe, red apples and DairyPure milk.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can quickly and easily whip up these scrumptious Apple Pie Popsicles. Let me tell you! They smell and taste amazing--just like apple pie! They are a much healthier treat though. Follow the recipe below to enjoy them for yourself!
Apple Pie Popsicles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezer time: will vary depending on the popsicle mold
Servings: approximately 10 popsicles
- 1 cup DairyPure milk
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- graham crackers (crumbled)
- Slice and peel the apples. Steam them in the microwave or on the stove until they are soft.
- Puree the apples in a blender or food processor.
- Add milk, cinnamon, juice, and sugar. Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Fill a popsicle mold halfway with the apple mixture. Sprinkle in a layer of graham cracker crumbles.
- Pour more of the mixture into the mold until it is full. (Optional: Add a few more graham cracker crumbs on top of the mold.
- Freeze the popsicles and enjoy!
The DairyPure milk we used in this recipe is the only milk backed by a 5 Point Purity Promise. All DairyPure milk: 1) contains NO artificial growth hormones, 2) is tested for antibiotics, 3) is continuously quality tested to ensure purity, 4) only comes from cows that are fed a healthy diet, and 5) is shipped cold and fresh from your local dairy. That means our popsicles--or other things we prepare--are made with milk of the highest quality and freshness. Check out DairyPure’s website for more information.
My recipe for Peaches and Cream popsicles is another great frozen treat that would be perfect prepared with DairyPure milk. For more great recipes and ideas, visit DairyPure's Facebook and Pinterest pages.