- wooden circles
- acrylic paint (jewel tones)
- paint tray
- sponge brush or paintbrushes
- craft jewels
- Jewel-It glue
- circle magnets (smaller than the wooden circles)
- hot glue gun
1. Gather your materials and your little crafter!
2. Prepare a tray of paint for your child to paint the wooden circles. Gold paint and rich jewel tones are ideal for this project. I also love using gold paint because it has such a gorgeous sheen!
3. Let the painting begin! You'll want to coat the entire circle in paint. Let the paint dry completely before moving onto the next step. The good news is that acrylic paint dries really fast.
4. Using the Jewel-It adhesive, decorate the painted circles with craft jewels. Don't worry if your child uses too much glue. This adhesive dries clear.
5. After the craft jewels have dried, you can use a hot glue gun to adhere magnets to the backs of the bedazzled circles. That's it! Now you have sparkly magnets that are perfect for hanging the kids' treasured artwork and papers. Alternative: You could also leave the magnets off and let your little ones use their tiny treasures for pretend play--imagining them as coins, princess jewels, or pirate treasure!
*Affiliate links have been included to help you find the perfect supplies to complete this craft.