It's Friday and day 5 of the Halloween Bash Blog Hop--a fun collaboration between 110+ bloggers! If you are looking for Halloween ideas, this is the perfect stop! You'll find costume ideas, recipes, crafts, treats (not tricks), and more! For my part, I'm sharing how to make these cute monster finger puppets with the kiddos!
basic sewing supplies (thread, pinking shears, scissors...)
2. If you are making these with older kids, you may be able to let them do the sewing. Since mine are little, I did the sewing for them. Sew your matching pieces together by using a zigzag stitch. Leave the bottom open and don't forget to backstitch at the start and finish.
3. Snip the excess threads and trim the edges with pinking shears. The puppets are now ready to be decorated.
4. Lay out pom poms, google eyes, felt cutouts, and other fun items for decorating. Tip: A hole punch is great for making felt circles and the snippets left from trimming the edges of the puppets are perfect for monster hair.
6. Pom poms can become noses. Felt pieces make cute monster bellies. And tiny white triangles are perfect for monster teeth.
7. The sky's the limit on their creativity. Each monster is a unique creation!
8. Let everything dry. These monster creations will become the perfect toy for monster storytelling and finger play!
But the fun ideas don't stop here! Click here to continue checking out the creative Halloween projects my blogging friends have created for our blog hop. Have fun and pin away!