What is it? It's a monthly subscription service that sends a box full of everything you need to complete art, craft, and even science projects with your kids!
How much is it? All subscription packages are less than $20/month. And I can honestly say they are worth every dime. Each box is bursting with quality materials! Can you tell how much I love them? Use the code SUMMER25 to save 25% off the first month of service.
Why? With summer here, you are probably looking for fun and educational activities for the kiddos. Here are summer's upcoming themes...
- - June Camping Trip: Explore the great outdoors with a camping expedition
- - July Beach Day: Discover sea creatures & tide pools in Kiwi Crate's seaside adventure
- - August Amusement Park: Play & learn with a special trip to the amusement park
- Summer calendar
- Materials to make farm finger puppets
- Puppet stage
- Materials to make a mini farm plot
- Plant observation journal
- Explore magazine with extra activities and craft ideas
- The box itself which is intended to be decorated and played with
Using Kiwi Crate as a learning unit: I've even used Kiwi Crates for our preschool units at home. Each box has the materials for at least two projects, but the Explore magazine inside each crate is full of opportunities to extend the learning. I copy the activity pages from the magazine, so each child can have their own. The magazine also has things to read, explore, and create. There's a list of suggested books for each theme which calls for a visit to our local library. An entire week of preschool can be centered around one box. It's what we used to go on a City Adventure...