basic sewing supplies (scissors, pinking shears, thread, pins...)\
flannel (Mine came from Raspberry Creek Fabrics)
pattern (Save the one below to your desktop and print it.)
1. Fold your flannel to have two layers with right sides facing. Print off the pattern piece above, cut it out, and pin it to the flannel. Tip: When you are printing, enlarge the pattern as needed. Cut around the pattern through both layers of flannel to make your elephant pieces. Draw a ear like the one shown. Cut it out and pin it to the felt. Cut around the pattern to make an ear piece. Repeat these steps to make a second felt ear.
2. Choose two buttons for the eyes
3. Sew a button to each elephant piece where an eye would be.
4. Pin a felt ear to each elephant piece and sew them in place with your sewing machine. Pull the pins out.
6. Pull out any remaining pins. Use your pinking shears to trim off the excess fabric.
7. Turn the elephant right-side-out. Use a chopstick or pen to help turn out the smaller parts.
8. Fill your elephant with stuffing. Tip: Stuff the trunk first and then work out from there. Once your elephant is completely stuffed, fold the fabric at the gap inside itself and sew it closed. Now you have a cute stuffed animal that would be great as a gift, toy, or room decor.