canvas, cardboard, or wood (We used cardboard.)
stickers (letters and shapes)
Washi or painter's tape
1. Apply letter stickers to the canvas to spell out a message. (Since I was doing this for Valentine's Day, I spelled, "Hello Valentine." Lydia Grace used letter stickers to spell out her name.)
2. Place shape stickers on your canvas in the desired locations. (I used hearts and L.G. used circles.)
3. Paint over the stickers with your acrylic paint and sponge brush while ensuring that the stickers stay in place.
4. Continue painting the rest of your canvas.
6. If you would like to add extra designs to your canvas, simply block off portions with Washi or painter's tape. Paint between the tape.
7. Carefully pull off your tape and allow the paint to dry. Finish it off with a coat of Mod Podge.
8. Display and enjoy!
Lydia Grace working on her painting...
If you would like a simpler version, here are two printables you can use. Simply print one off, frame it, and place it somewhere that needs a little love.