It's Day 8 of...
Want a great way to dress up those gift cards you are giving this year? Try making some of these gift card pockets. They take about 10 minutes from start to finish.
*basic sewing supplies (including pinking shears)
*stationary envelope (one that is tall enough to place your gift card in vertically)
*hot glue gun (optional)
1. Cut the sides off a stationary envelope to make it 1 cm wider on both sides than a vertically placed gift card. This will be your pattern.
2. Open the envelope up and use this pattern to cut out your felt.
3. Mark on the felt the two places where the envelope folds up, and sew a straight seam along these two lines.
4. Fold the bottom of the felt pocket up along the lower seam and stitch down both of the open sides.
5. Use your pinking shears to cut down those same sides. This gives it a more detailed look.
6. Sew or hot glue a button to the outside and a snap to the inside flap of the pocket.
7. Slip a gift card inside.
8. Give away!
Need another idea? Click here.