Looking for a last-minute dessert for your Fourth of July festivities? Here is an Angel Lush Trifle that I shared two summers ago, but it is just too yummy to not share with you again. Just a few ingredients layered together make a rich, delicious dessert that you'll want to make again and again. The best part? It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! How's that for last-minute?!
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple with the juice
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Pudding & Pie Filling
- whipped cream topping (You can buy some from the store or make your own. Prepared dream whip works great too!)
- angel food cake
- tub of fresh strawberries
- tub of fresh blueberries
- Mix the pineapple and dry pudding mix together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the whipped cream to create a fluffy pudding mixture.
- Tear the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer the following into a trifle bowl: angel food cake, pudding mixture, strawberries, angel food cake, pudding mixture, blueberries...
- Continue to add layers until you are out of space in the bowl. Make your final layer a generous heaping of whipped cream topped with any remaining fruit.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Serve and enjoy!