It's Day 8 of...
Yesterday you saw the 4th craft of the countdown--a tissue pouch. There are so many cute versions of these floating around the web, but here is my own simple, quick way to make one of these handy little pouches for your own purse or as a stocking stuffing for someone else.
*Basic sewing supplies (thread, pins, needle...)
*Pencil and paper
1. Measure and draw a 6 inch by 7 inch rectangle on a piece of paper to create your pattern. (I just love making my own patterns for things. Label what it is for, so you can use it again and again.) Use your pattern to cut out a rectangular piece of felt.
2. WIth your pinking shears, cut around the entire perimeter of the felt rectangle.
3. Fold the shorter ends together at the middle of the rectangle and use pins to hold them in place. This creates a smaller rectangle.
4. Sew along both of the shorter ends of this smaller rectangle leaving about a 1/2 inch seam allowance. You can also stitch a button or other embellishment onto your pouch to give it a little something extra.
5. Place a small pack of tissues inside and toss it into your purse.
THAT"S IT! SEW EASY BUT SEW CUTE!