It's Day 12 of...
Do you have gift cards to give to some of your family and friends? Here is a simple and cute way to dress up a gift card.
Gift Card Pouch
*Coordinating fabric scraps
*Basic sewing supplies (pins, thread, scissors...)
*Paper and pencil
1. Make a pattern by drawing a rectangle on paper that is 2 3/4 inches by 4 inches. Make a mark on each of the shorter ends of the rectangle one inch down from the top.
2. Using the pattern, cut out a felt piece for the backing and a coordinating fabric piece for the front. Where you made your two marks on the sides of your pattern, make two small cut in the front fabric piece. Use these notches in the fabric as a guide to cut across the fabric with your pinking shears.
3. Lay the front fabric pieces on top of your felt backing.
4. Sew around the entire perimeter.
5. Use your pinking shears again to cut around the gift card holder. This gives it a nicer look. (Tip: Be sure to cut right along your stitches but not through them.) Slip a gift card inside and give it away.
This handy pouch can slip right into a purse or wallet and be used to hold gift cards, debit cards, or even business cards.
See my gift card pocket tutorial here.