It's Day 4 of...
Here's how to make a handy eyeglass pouch with a pocket and cleaning cloth.
*Basic sewing items (scissors, pins, thread...)
*Felt in two colors
*Small scrap of fabric
*Pencil and paper
1. Create a pattern by drawing a 7 inch by 4 inch rectangle on a sheet of paper. I rounded the bottom of my pattern a bit just to give my pouch a more interesting shape. Decide where you want the pocket to be and draw a diagonal line across the rectangle.
2. Using your pattern, cut out two felt pieces. Cut out the pocket from a coordinating piece of fabric. (Tips: For the pocket, I pinned the pattern onto the fabric and made small snips on both sides where the diagonal pocket line was. That helped me know where to cut across without having to cut the pattern itself. I also used a material that doesn't fray. If you don't have a material of this sort, you will need to make a hem along the top of your pocket before pinning it onto the felt pieces.)
3. Pin the pieces on top of each other.
4. Sew around the entire pouch with the exception of the top. (Tp: I used a 1/4 inch seam allowance.)
5. With your pinking shears, cut around the pouch. Take a felt piece of another color and cut it into the shape of a rectangle. I used the pinking shears again. Tuck it into the pocket so that your eyeglass pouch has a handy cleaning cloth with it.
Be sure to some back tomorrow for a brand new craft!